Saturday, May 26, 2007

Time can be cruel...

I haven't added anything to my blog in awhile. This last month has been k-rrrazy. I made myself set some time aside to play with my children. You know that things are hectic when an hour has the value of a dollar. That probably sounds odd, but I have noticed that when I loose so much time being consumed in business, errands, and household chores that never seem to be caught up, then what is an hour removed from the eternity of that situation? If this doesn't make sense... don't worry and just move on! Anyway, getting to the point, I knew that my children were getting out of school this week and would be bored. In that first day I really had to make some accomodations for their needs. Finally, around 5:00, I looked up from my desk and said an unattractive word. My children were waiting in the other room by the "television nanny," with what looked to be a compost station nearby. Wow!


I committed to them and myself right then and there to take at least two hours out of my day and just give it to them! It's absolutely theirs through and through. Wether they want to watch cartoons, or dance in the kitchen, that time is theirs.


Here are a few updated images of them. As you can tell from their photos, they really need me! LOL





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems as we get older, time speeds along at a faster rate. I remember as a kid, it dragged on forever! Christmas took forever, summer took forever, everything. Now, a year goes by in a blink.

Enjoyed reading and you take some great pictures! I was reading the TexasPhotoForum on blogging and thought I would take a look. I love photography and I am constantly trying to improve.

I will keep reading!

Charles
Blog: http://www.insanelydull.com
Gallery: http://www.lifestillsintime.com

Tawny said...

Thanks Charles! Reading my blog may get lonely for you! LOL i don't have a lot of people stopping by yet, but I have had a tiny bit of traffic lately! :-)

Anonymous said...

Can't be any worse than maybe my 5-8 readers! Ha! Just keep posting and they will come. I like the name too, The Soul Focus is very interesting. You might also try signing up on some of the Blog List sites out there.

Looks like the sun has finally come out today! Now I don't have time to go out and shoot anything! ;-)

Unknown said...

I don't have kids but can only imagine how hard it must be to keep up with everything. I can barely keep up with work, blogging, blog stalking, forum reading, shooting, editing, and somewhere I have to have a life...or not. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Your pictures are beautiful!

Jeanette Krzyzek said...

Tawny...

You know I love these images. GREAT pix. Love the Post Processing! You are a very talented photographer! Looking forward to checkin' back and seeing more of your work!!!

Cheers!
jeanette